How does a Cash Pickup Work
A cash pickup allows your recipient to pick up their money in cash from a physical location, instead of through a digital deposit into a bank account. The process typically requires four steps:
- Login to your Remeeta Dashboard and create your payment order instruction/ transfer. You submit your beneficiary details, currency and the amount you’re looking to send. Some banking providers require you to choose a specific location for pickup. Take care entering your beneficiary's name as shown on their ID to avoid issues with pickup.
- Wait for processing. Turnaround varies by the banking partner, but most expedite cash pickups. You receive a transfer reference number once processed that your recipient can use for pickup — and that you can use to track the progress of your transfer. The status of the transfer would be updated accordingly in your dashboard.
- Pickup cash. Armed with your transfer reference number and an ID, your beneficiary picks up their cash at the location you’ve specified or at a convenient location in the company’s network.
- Get confirmation. After your recipient picks up the money, the status of the transfer in your dashboard would be updated simultaneously .
Tips for picking up money in person
No matter where you are in the world, picking up cash from a transfer agent can be dangerous. Stay on your toes with five easy tips:
- Avoid unsafe areas. Find a location that’s safe and convenient.
- Call ahead. Confirm an agent’s location and business hours before visiting.
- Bring a friend. Carrying money alone can be dangerous. Ask a friend to come along.
- Deposit your money immediately. The likelihood of losing your money grows the longer you have it with you, so head straight to the bank after pickup.
- Keep your cash hidden. Openly carrying cash could make you a target. Put your money in a purse or wallet before leaving the office.